Transferring protection from one device to a phone or tablet
Learn how to transfer the full license of your Mobile Security to a new device or another device (phone or tablet).
The Transfer License feature appears when:
- All Maximum Security or Premium Security Key seats are taken
- Your device has expired and another subscription is already registered under the same account
To transfer your Trend Micro Security license to another device (phone or tablet), choose any of the following:
To install Mobile Security on your new device, do the following:
- Open the main console of your Trend Micro Security software. Do either of the following:
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your desktop.
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your system tray.
- Click Protect Another Device.
- Click + Add device.
Choose Android for the platform, then choose how you want to share the protection:Send Email
- Type your email address.
- Click Send.
- Click Copy Link.
- Paste the link to an instant messaging application.
- Open the link using your new device.
- Scan the QR code using your new device.
- Download the application.
To activate your Mobile Security on a new device, do the following:
- Tap Trend Micro Mobile Security.
- Tap Menu.
- Tap Settings.
- Do either of the following:
- Tap Buy/Activate then tap Want to transfer a subscription? Sign in now.
- Tap Use an Activation Code. Enter the activation code then tap OK.
- Sign in to your Trend Micro account then select the full license subscription you want to transfer.
- Tap OK.