Home & Home Office Support
Trend Micro Titanium does not start or turn on
- There is no icon of Titanium on the system tray
- The Windows Security Center is not detecting Titanium
- The system tray icon status is "Starting your protection"
- The program automatically or manually restarts with every update when you click About or About your software
- The console randomly shuts down every 5 to 10 minutes
Step 1: Remove conflicting programs
Step 2: Manually start all Trend Micro Security components
- Close all open programs or applications.
- Open the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit by doing either of the following:
- Go to Start > All Programs > Trend Micro (program version) Security > Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit.
- Go to Start > My Computer > Local Disk C: or OS C: > Program Files > Trend Micro > Titanium > SupportTool.exe.
- Click the Uninstall tab.
- Click Stop all components.
- Wait until all the buttons are enabled, then click Start all components.
- Close the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit, check if the issue persists.
Step 3: Reinstall/ Upgrade to the latest version of Trend Micro Security
- Go to Start > All Programs > Trend Micro (program version) Security > More Tools & Help >Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit.
- Click (C) Uninstall tab.
- Click 1. Uninstall Software, then wait while the program is being uninstalled.
- Click Yes when prompted to restart your computer.
- Reinstall your program. For instructions, click your program below:
On April 8th, 2014, Microsoft formally announced the Windows XP end of support. Because Microsoft no longer fixes issues on Windows XP, it has become increasingly difficult for Trend Micro to keep users safe on this operating system. While our internet security products can be installed on Windows XP, we encourage all of our users to upgrade their PCs to a more modern operating system which will provide greater stability and security. You can refer to this article for more information.
Last Updated: Feb. 04, 2016 6:11 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1059949