Trend Micro Security does not start or turn on
This article shows you what to do when your Trend Micro Security does not start or if it keeps shutting down.
The following also occurs:
- There is no Trend Micro icon on your system tray.
- The Windows Security Center is not detecting Trend Micro Security.
- The system tray icon status is "Starting your protection".
- The program automatically or manually restarts with every update when you click About or About your software.
- The console randomly shuts down every 5 to 10 minutes.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + R keys.
- In the Open field, type "appwiz.cpl", then press ENTER. The Programs and Features window will open.
- Select the program you wish to remove, then click Remove or Uninstall.
- Wait for the program to be uninstalled, then restart your computer.
If you encounter any problems with the uninstallation process, contact the software manufacturer's support team.
- Close all open programs or applications.
- Open the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit by doing either of the following:
- Go to Start > All Programs > Trend Micro (program version) Security > Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit.
- Go to Start > My Computer > Local Disk C: or OS C: > Program Files > Trend Micro > Titanium > SupportTool.exe.
- Click the Uninstall tab.
- Click Stop all components.
- Wait until all the buttons are enabled, then click Start all components.
- Close the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit, check if the issue persists.
FOR WINDOWS XP AND WINDOWS VISTA USERS:
- Go to Start > All Programs > Trend Micro (program version) Security > More Tools & Help >Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit.
- Click (C) Uninstall tab.
- Click 1. Uninstall Software, then wait while the program is being uninstalled.
- Click Yes when prompted to restart your computer.
- Download the installer file to begin the installation.
- Double-click the installer to run it.
Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
- Wait for the installer to extract the files needed for the installation.
- Type your serial number, then click Next.
- Read the License Agreement, then click Agree and Install.
- Wait for the program to install. This may take a couple of minutes.
- Click Finish.
Last Updated: May. 17, 2017 2:44 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1059949