Trend Micro Security does not start or turn on
- Solution ID: 1059949
- Last Updated: Oct. 16, 2017 1:38 AM (PST)
- Applies to: Antivirus+ Security - 2015;2016;2017;2018;Internet Security - 2015;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2015;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2015;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;
- Unable to start program | Trend Micro Security
This article shows you what to do when your Trend Micro Security does not start or if it keeps shutting down.
The following also occurs:
- There is no Trend Micro icon on your system tray.
- The Windows Security Center is not detecting Trend Micro Security.
- The system tray icon status is "Starting your protection".
- The program automatically or manually restarts with every update when you click About or About your software.
- The console randomly shuts down every 5 to 10 minutes.
BEFORE YOU PROCEED:
We recommend that you print out this document or bookmark this page before proceeding because you will be asked to restart your computer during the procedure.
To remove conflicting software, do the following:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + R keys.
- In the Open field, type "appwiz.cpl", then press ENTER. The Programs and Features window will open.
- Select the program you wish to remove, then click Remove or Uninstall.
- Wait for the program to be uninstalled, then restart your computer.
If you encounter any problems with the uninstallation process, contact the software manufacturer's support team.
For the full list of programs to remove, refer to this Knowledge Base article: Programs to remove before installing Trend Micro Security.
To restart all components of your Trend Micro Security, do the following:
- Close all open programs or applications.
- Open the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit by doing either of the following:
- Go to Start > All Programs > Trend Micro (program version) Security > Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit.
- Go to Start > My Computer > Local Disk C: or OS C: > Program Files > Trend Micro > Titanium > SupportTool.exe.
- Click the Uninstall tab.
- Click Stop all components.
- Wait until all the buttons are enabled, then click Start all components.
- Close the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit, check if the issue persists.
To reinstall your Trend Micro security, refer to this Knowledge Base article: Reinstalling the latest version of Trend Micro Security program