“Protection Disabled ... Restart Required” still appears when opening the main console of your Trend Micro Security
You keep getting the "Protection Disabled" message when opening the main console of Trend Micro Security after restarting your computer.
The issue can happen due to any of the following:
- conflicting third-party security software
- malware infection
- Trend Micro program is not properly installed
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + R keys. The Run window should appear.
- Type "appwiz.cpl",then press ENTER. The Programs and Features window should appear.
- Select the program you need to remove, then click Remove or Uninstall.
- Wait for the program to be uninstalled, then restart your computer when asked.
For the complete list of third-party security software and instructions on how to remove them, check this Knowledge Base article: Programs to remove before installing Trend Micro Security.Note: If you encounter issues in uninstalling the third-party security software, contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
- Download HouseCall and save it to your desktop.
- Click Run.
The HouseCall window will appear, wait for HouseCall to download the necessary components to run on your computer.
- Read the license agreement.
- Select I accept the terms of the license agreement, then click Next.
- Click Settings.
- Click the Scan Type tab.
- Tick the type of scan you want to run, then click OK.
- Click Scan Now.
Wait for the scan to finish. A summary of threats found on your computer and the actions taken against detected malware is displayed.
- Click the X button on the upper right corner of the window to close.
Last Updated: Feb. 27, 2017 2:26 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1059945