Home & Home Office Support
Upgrading Trend Micro Security to the latest version
- Renewal - extends your subscription/expiration date. This happens automatically after your renewal purchase. Program version does not change.
- Upgrade - removal of current Trend Micro program then installation of the latest program version.
- Update - checking, downloading and installing of the latest virus patterns/definitions. This is automatically done by your Trend Micro program every 3 hours.
- Download the installer file to begin the installation.
For serial number starting with XFor serial number starting with PFor serial number starting with A
Note: If your serial number starts with "T", contact Best Buy or your Internet Service Provider, depending on where you got the product.
- Double-click the installer to run it.
Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
- Wait for the installer to extract the files needed for the installation.
- Click Yes when asked to remove the old program version.
- Click Restart Now when prompted to restart your computer.
After restarting, the installation will resume and will prompt for your serial number.
- Type your serial number, then click Next.
- If you forgot your Trend Micro Serial Number, check this Knowledge Base article: Finding your Trend Micro Security's serial number.
- If you get the error message "Invalid Serial Number", check this Knowledge Base article: “Invalid Serial Number” error message appears when registering Trend Micro program.
- Read the License Agreement, then click Agree and Install.
- Wait for the program to install. This may take a couple of minutes.
- Click Finish.
You will see the main console of your Trend Micro Security program.
- Click Go > Application located in the upper-left of the Desktop.
- Select Trend Micro.
- Select Uninstall Trend Micro Internet Security.
- Click Uninstall.
- Enter your Mac credentials if necessary. Wait for the uninstallation to finish.
- Download the disk image (.DMG) or installer file, then save it to your desktop.
For serial number starting with X or M
- Open the Antivirus for Mac installer.
- Click Install Trend Micro Antivirus.
- Click Open on the security warning to continue the installation.
- Click Continue.
- Click Continue on the Welcome screen.
- Read the License Agreement, then click Continue.
- Click Agree when prompted to accept the License Agreement.
Note: You can click Disagree if you do not agree with the terms of the License Agreement but this will automatically terminate the installation process.
- Type your serial number on the field provided, then click Continue.
Note: You can find the serial number from the CD sleeve or Order Confirmation email. If you want to install the trial version, select Start a free trial of Trend Micro Internet Security and then click Continue.
- Click Install .
- Type your administrator password, then click Install Software.
Note: The administrator password is created when you first set up your Mac operating system. Wait while the Trend Micro components are installed onto your Mac.
- Provide your email address, then click Continue.
- Click Close after the installation is done.
Last Updated: Oct. 27, 2016 2:37 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1059569