Upgrading Trend Micro Security to the latest version
Learn how to upgrade your Trend Micro program to the latest version. You can upgrade your program for free as long as your subscription is not expired.
Differences between "Renewal", "Upgrade" and "Update":
- Renewal - extends your subscription/expiration date. This happens automatically after your renewal purchase. Program version does not change.
- Upgrade - removal of current Trend Micro program then installation of the latest program version.
- Update - checking, downloading and installing of the latest virus patterns/definitions. This is automatically done by your Trend Micro program every 3 hours.
FOR WINDOWS XP AND WINDOWS VISTA USERS:
I'm still using Windows XP, what Trend Micro Security program can I install on my computer?
|Windows XP||Windows Vista||Windows 7||Windows 8 |
|Operating System Version||INCOMPATIBLE||(32 or 64-bit)
SP2 or higher
|(32 or 64-bit)
SP1 or higher
|(32 or 64-bit)
Note: Windows RT is not supported.
|(32 or 64-bit)
Windows 10 Creators Update
Note: Windows 10 S is not supported.
|Note: These processors support SSE2 Instruction Set.|
|Free Disk Space||1.3 GB
(1.5 GB recommended)
|Internet Connection||Broadband or equivalent high speed connection is highly recommended.|
- Download the installer file to begin the installation.
- Double-click the installer to run it.
Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
- Wait for the installer to extract the files needed for the installation.
- Click Yes when asked to remove the old program version.
- Click Restart Now when prompted to restart your computer.
After restarting, the installation will resume and will prompt for your serial number.
- Type your serial number, then click Next.
- Read the License Agreement, then click Agree and Install.
- Wait for the program to install. This may take a couple of minutes.
- Click Finish.
You will see the main console of your Trend Micro Security program.
- Click the Trend Micro icon on the upper right side of the menu bar.
- Click Open Trend Micro Internet Security on the list to open the Trend Micro program.
- Click Subscription Expires at the lower right corner of the Trend Micro main console.
The Subscription Information window will appear with your program information and Serial Number.
|Supported Web Browsers||
Antivirus for Mac needs an Internet connection for activating online, checking the expiration date, downloading updates (including program and pattern files) from Trend Micro, obtaining information about malicious software, or browsing pages on the Trend Micro website.
If you have a dial-up or other connection to the Internet that charges fees per connection, by the amount of time connected or for the amount of data downloaded, make sure your router or connection software does not automatically start a connection to support the features listed above to avoid extra connection fees. Follow your router's instructions to edit your router settings if necessary.
- Click Go > Application located in the upper-left of the Desktop.
- Select Trend Micro.
- Select Uninstall Trend Micro Internet Security.
- Click Uninstall.
- Enter your Mac credentials when necessary.
- Download the disk image (.DMG) or installer file, then save it to your desktop.
- Open the Antivirus for Mac installer.
- Click Install Trend Micro Antivirus.
GOT A SECOND? Help us improve our Help and Support Center by taking this quick survey!
- Click Open on the security warning to continue the installation.
- Click Continue.
- Click Continue on the Welcome screen.
- Read the License Agreement, then click Continue.
- Click Agree when prompted to accept the License Agreement.
You can click Disagree if you do not agree with the terms of the License Agreement but this will automatically terminate the installation process.
- Type your serial number on the field provided, then click Continue.
You can find the serial number from the CD sleeve or Order Confirmation email.
If you want to install the trial version, select Start a free trial of Trend Micro Antivirus, then click Continue.
- Click Install .
- Type your administrator password, then click Install Software.
The administrator password is created when you first set up your Mac operating system.
Wait while the Trend Micro components are installed onto your Mac.
- Provide your email address, then click Continue.
- Click Close after the installation is done.
Last Updated: Jul. 14, 2017 5:35 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1059569