Home & Home Office Support
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Mobile Security for Android
Get answers to questions about Mobile Security for Android.
What are the minimum system requirements to install Mobile Security for Android?
Android OS 2.3 and above
25MB - 90MB
Why do I need a Trend Micro account?
- Parental Controls - to keep your settings secure.
- Lost Device Protection - to securely locate your mobile device, lock it, delete all of its data, or sound an alarm from a web portal.
- Backup & Restore - to securely upload and download the data from the backup server.
What does activation do?
- Safe Surfing
- Parental Controls
- Data Theft Scanner
- Call & Text Blocker
- Lost Device Protection
- App Manager
- Pre-Installation Scan
My SIM was not removed and I never trigger the remote lock, but why does Mobile Security lock my device?
Why do I need an alternate email address and how can I set it?
To set up an alternate email address, go to Settings, and then tap Set up alternate email address.
What is Lost Device Protection in Mobile Security
- "Please activate Mobile Security in 'Device administrators' to enable remote wipe and uninstall protection. NOTE: You will need to deactivate it before uninstalling Mobile Security".
- "Activating this administrator will allow the application Mobile Security to perform the following operations: Erase All Data erase the phone's data without warning, by performing a factory data reset."
How does Lost Device Protection works?
Why didn't Mobile Security detect all the threats in my device?
Can I use the serial number of my Trend Micro Security program for Mobile Security?
Can I install Mobile Security on iOS, Android Tablet, Amazon Kindle or Windows 8 devices?
What is System Tuner?
Last Updated: Oct. 08, 2015 3:15 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1059218