Unable to run the Trend Micro Security installer
- Solution ID: 1059164
- Last Updated: Oct. 23, 2017 11:48 PM (PST)
- Applies to: Antivirus+ Security - 2015, 2016, 2017;2018;Internet Security - 2015, Internet Security - 2016, Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2015, Maximum Security - 2016, Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2015, Premium Security - 2016, Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;
- Cannot Open Installer | Trend Micro Security
You are unable to install your Trend Micro Security program because of either of the following:
- The installer fails to launch.
- The installer cannot extract the files it needs to install your program.
This issue happens because of a possible malware infection that is blocking the installation of your Trend Micro program.
To resolve this issue, follow the steps below:
Download the Trend Micro Anti-Threat Toolkit by clicking the download button below:
Double-click svchost.exe. A black screen will appear while the tool initializes.
Wait for the tool to finish scanning and cleaning your computer.
- Install your Trend Micro program. To install your Trend Micro program, refer to this Knowledge Base article: Installing Trend Micro Security.
Monday to Friday (5AM - 8PM PST)
Monday to Friday (7AM - 7PM Sydney Time)
Monday to Friday 8:00 – 17:30 GMT
Monday to Friday (8AM - 5PM Local Time)
Monday to Friday (8AM – 5PM Manila Time)
Monday to Friday (9AM – 9PM India Time)