Using the Data Theft Prevention feature of your Trend Micro Security software
Learn how to enable the Data Theft Prevention feature of your Trend Micro Security program.
Data Theft Prevention lets you protect sensitive data or information from being sent through the Internet.
This prevents hackers and spyware from stealing your information.
Data Theft Prevention works with the following applications:
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer® (newest version)
- Microsoft® Edge
- Mozilla® Firefox® (newest and the most recent previous version)
- Google Chrome™ (newest and the most recent previous version)
- Yahoo!® Messenger 9.5, 10.0, 11.0, and 11.5
- Microsoft Outlook and other SMTP email programs
- Open the main console of your Trend Micro Security software. Do either of the following:
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your desktop.
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your system tray.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Beside the Data Theft Prevention, click Configure.
- On the Introduction page, click OK.
- Drag the slider to ON to enable Data Theft Prevention.
- Type the information that you want to protect in the Enter data to protect field.
- Click New Category to add more categories.
- Click OK to save your settings.
Last Updated: Jul. 19, 2017 1:54 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1059133