Home & Home Office Support
Using the Data Theft Prevention feature of your Trend Micro Security software
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer® (newest version)
- Microsoft® Edge
- Mozilla® Firefox® (newest and the most recent previous version)
- Google Chrome™ (newest and the most recent previous version)
- Yahoo!® Messenger 9.5, 10.0, 11.0, and 11.5
- Microsoft Outlook and other SMTP email programs
- Open the main console of your Trend Micro program. Do either of the following:
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your desktop.
- Double-click the Trend Micro system tray icon.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Beside the Data Theft Prevention, click Configure.
- On the Introduction page, click OK.
- Drag the slider to ON to enable Data Theft Prevention.
- Type the information that you want to protect in the Enter data to protect field.
- It is advised to enter at least 8 digits of your Credit Card number.
- The fields are case-sensitive. Example: "ABC" is different from "abc".
- Click New Category to add more categories.
- New categories can be created for any type of information that you want to protect (e.g. Email address, phone number, etc.).
- To protect multiple entries of the same category, the category name should be different by appending another character (e.g. Credit Card1).
- Click OK to save your settings.
Last Updated: Sep. 22, 2016 5:15 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1059133