Home & Home Office Support
Using the Data Theft Prevention feature of Trend Micro Security
- Open the main console of your Trend Micro program. Do either of the following:
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your desktop.
- Double-click the Trend Micro system tray icon.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Click Configure button beside Data Theft Prevention.
- Click OK on the Introduction page.
- Drag the slider to ON to enable Data Theft Prevention.
- Type the information that you want to protect in the Enter data to protect field.
- It is advised to enter at least 8 digits of your Credit Card number.
- The fields are case-sensitive. Example: "ABC" is different from "abc".
- Click New Category to add more categories.
- New categories can be created for any type of information that you want to protect (e.g. Email address, phone number, etc.).
- To protect multiple entries of the same category, the category name should be different by appending another character (e.g. Credit Card1).
- Click OK to save your settings.
Last Updated: Nov. 10, 2015 12:56 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1059133