Home & Home Office Support
Get ready for Windows 10 by upgrading Maximum Security to the latest version
- Have an unexpired subscription
- Your serial number starts with the letter “X”
- We recommend that you print out this document before proceeding because you will be asked to restart your computer during the procedure.
- This article is also applicable to Premium Security.
Not sure if your computer meets the system requirements?
|Windows XP||Windows Vista||Windows 7||Windows 8 |
|Operating System Version||(32-bit only)
|(32 or 64-bit)
SP2 or higher
|(32 or 64-bit)
||(32 or 64-bit)
Note: Windows RT is not supported.
|Windows® 10 Release Preview (build 10041 or later)|
|Note: These processors support SSE2 Instruction Set.|
|Free Disk Space||1.3GB (1.5GB recommended)
Note: Trend Micro program can support RAID 0 (Striping) or RAID 1 (Mirroring)
|Web Browser||Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0, 8.0, 9.0, 10.0 and 11.0
Mozilla Firefox 26 or latest version
Google Chrome 28 or latest version
|Internet Connection||Broadband or equivalent high speed connection highly recommended|
I’m ready, show me how to upgrade to the latest version
- Download the installer file to begin the installation.
If you are not sure which file to download, use this full installer package:
- Save the installer to your desktop
- Double-click the Trend Micro Security installer to run it.
- Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
Wait for the installer to extract the files needed for installing Maximum Security 2016.
- Click Yes when asked to remove the old program version.
- Click Restart Now when prompted to restart your computer.
After restarting, the installation will resume and will prompt for your serial number.
- Type your serial number, then click Next.
- Read the Trend Micro End User License Agreement, then click Agree and Install.
Wait for the installation to complete.
- Click Finish.
You will see the main console of your Trend Micro Security program.
Last Updated: Nov. 19, 2015 2:30 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1059036