Home & Home Office Support
“Too Many Installations” message appears when activating your Trend Micro Security software
- Install the program on your computer or other computers
- Install the program on the same computer more than once
- Reinstall the program on the same computer after reformatting its hard drive
- Upgrade the program on the same computer where an old version was previously installed
- Install and activate any of the following bundled programs using your Trend Micro Security Serial Number:
- Antivirus for Mac
- Mobile Security for iOS
- Mobile Security for Android
- Premium Security = 5 seats
- Maximum Security = 3 seats
- Internet Security = 3 seats
- Antivirus+ Security = 1 seat
- In the Password field, type your Trend Micro Account password, then click Next.
Note: If you forgot your password and you cannot access the registered email address, refer to this Knowledge Base article: "You did not provide the right information. Please try again." error message appear when logging in to MyAccount.
- Select the computer or device, where the program was previously activated, that you want to replace.
- Provide a computer name.
Example: "Home Computer" or "Office Computer".
- Click Next.
A confirmation window will appear.
- Click Finish.You have now activated the protection on your computer.
- Buy additional protection by clicking Make another purchase on the too many installations window.
- Activate another serial number by clicking Use another serial number on the Too many installations window.
- Manage your license seats by accessing your Trend Micro Account.
Last Updated: Oct. 10, 2016 5:05 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1059026