Removing malware that cannot be cleaned, quarantined or deleted by Trend Micro Security software
- Solution ID:1059019
- Last Updated:Sep. 26, 2018 5:19 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2016;2017;2018, 2019;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2019;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2019;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2019;
- Malware cannot be cleaned | Trend Micro Security
This article shows you how to remove malware that cannot be cleaned, quarantined or deleted after being detected by your Trend Micro Security software.
Use the Trend Micro Anti-Threat Toolkit to deal with detected threats that cannot be cleaned, quarantined, or deleted.
The the Trend Micro Anti-Threat Toolkit collects information from your computer. It then gives you a token or a reference ID that you can submit to Trend Micro Technical Support for further evaluation.
To use the tool, do the following:
- Open the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit by doing the following:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + R keys. The Run window should be open.
- In the Open field, type "supporttool.exe", then press ENTER. The Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit should open.
- Click the (B) Threats tab.
- Click Generate Malicious Software Logs.
The Support ID or the Support Token will appear below Stop Collecting Malicious Software Logs.
The initial Anti-Threat Toolkit is downloaded in the background.
The Anti-Threat Toolkit will run automatically after the download completes.
The log will be sent to the Smart Protection Network once the initial Anti-Threat Toolkit has finished.
- Contact our Technical Support, then give the engineer your Support Token.