Reinstalling the latest version of Trend Micro Security program
Learn how to reinstall the latest version of your Trend Micro Security program. This article is applicable for the following scenarios:
- Upgrading from an old version to the latest Trend Micro Security version
- Transferring Trend Micro Security antivirus to a new computer
- Accidentally uninstalled Trend Micro Security
- Lost Trend Micro Security during system restore
- Hard drive crashed, replaced or formatted
- Computer was replaced or switching pc
- Operating system was reinstalled or upgraded
- Installing without a disc
- Reinstallation of the program
- Get a copy of your serial number.
For instructions on where to find it, refer to this Knowledge Base article:
Finding the serial number of Trend Micro Security
- Uninstall your current Trend Micro Security program.
For instructions, refer to this Knowledge Base article:
Uninstalling Trend Micro Security and older programs using the Diagnostic Toolkit
- Check the first few letters of your serial number to know which program you need to download and install.
- Compare it with the programs below, then click the product that matches your serial number:
Program Serial Number Example Maximum Security Serial numbers starting with “X” XFFF-0012-3456-7890-1234 Internet Security Serial numbers starting with “P” PFFF-0012-3456-7890-1234 AntiVirus+ Security Serial numbers starting with “A” AFFF-0012-3456-7890-1234 Antivirus for Mac Serial numbers starting with “M” MFFF-0012-3456-7890-1234 Program Serial Number Example Titanium Internet Security for Best Buy Serial numbers starting with “TO” TOFF-0012-3456-7890-1234 Titanium AntiVirus+ for Best Buy Serial numbers starting with “TA” TAFF-0012-3456-7890-1234
Last Updated: Jul. 11, 2017 4:53 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1058995