Home & Home Office Support
[Hot Fix] B1181 - My computer slows down and CoreServiceShell.exe consumes high CPU usage after installing Titanium 2011
- Conflicting software
- Low system resources
- Malware infection
OPTION 1: Install a hot fix
- Log in using an account with administrator privileges on the computer where you installed Titanium 2011.
Note: If you have installed software on your computer before, then you probably have these privileges.
- Download the hot fix and save it on your desktop. You can do this by following the steps below:
- Click Save when the File Download window appears.
- Select Desktop as the location, then click Save.
- Double-click the Ti_30_win_en_AEGIS35_hfb1181.exe file that you downloaded.
- Select I accept the terms of the license agreement, then click Next.
- Browse through the readme file, then click Install.
- Click Yes when the Module Update window appears.
The message “Installation successful!” will appear after installing the hot fix.
OPTION 2: Upgrade Titanium to the latest version
On April 8th, 2014, Microsoft formally announced the Windows XP end of support. Because Microsoft no longer fixes issues on Windows XP, it has become increasingly difficult for Trend Micro to keep users safe on this operating system. While our internet security products can be installed on Windows XP, we encourage all of our users to upgrade their PCs to a more modern operating system which will provide greater stability and security. You can refer to this article for more information.
Last Updated: Feb. 04, 2016 6:09 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1057050