“Starting your protection” appears from the Trend Micro program
- Solution ID: 1056609
- Last Updated: Nov. 22, 2017 12:04 AM (PST)
- Applies to: Antivirus+ Security - 2015, 2016;2017;2018;Internet Security - 2015, Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2015, Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2015, Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;
- "Starting your protection" message appears on the system tray | Trend Micro Security
You get the following message when you point your mouse over the Trend Micro icon in your system tray:
“Starting your protection”
You also cannot do the following:
- Open the program’s main console
- Go online after installing your Trend Micro program
BEFORE YOU PROCEED:
We recommend that you print out this document or bookmark this page before proceeding because you will be asked to restart your computer during the procedure.
To resolve this issue, choose either of the options below:
To upgrade your Trend Micro Security software to the latest version, refer to this Knowledge Base Article: Upgrading Trend Micro Security to the latest version.
To reinstall your Trend Micro Security software to the latest version, refer to this Knowledge Base Article: Reinstalling the latest version of Trend Micro Security program.