Changing the proxy server settings of your Trend Micro Security software
- Solution ID: 1056488
- Last Updated: Oct. 13, 2017 2:09 AM (PST)
- Applies to: Antivirus+ Security - 2016;2015;2017;2018;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2015;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2015;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2015;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;
- Configuring Proxy server settings | Trend Micro Security
This article shows you how to change the proxy server settings of your Trend Micro Security software.
A proxy server is a server that offers a computer network service to allow clients to make indirect network connections to other network services.
To change your proxy settings, do the following:
- Open the main console of you Trend Micro Security program. Do any of the following:
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your desktop.
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your system tray (near the clock).
- Click Settings (gear icon). Protection Settings window should open.
- Click Other Settings.
- Click Network Settings.
- Select Enter the necessary proxy server settings option, then enter the proxy server configuration.
Note: If you are not sure about your proxy settings, please contact your Network Administrator.
- Click Apply, then click OK.