Home & Home Office Support
"Protection Disabled" error message appears when opening the main console of Titanium because the program's services are not running or have stopped responding
- Restart Trend Micro Titanium's services. You can do this by following the steps below:
- Go to Start > Programs > <Trend Micro Titanium program>.
- Click Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit.
- Click the Uninstall tab.
- Click Stop all components. Wait until all the buttons are enabled.
- Click Start all components. Wait until all the buttons are enabled again.
- Close the Diagnostic Toolkit and open your Trend Micro Titanium program.
If the issue persists, proceed to step 2.
- Check for and remove any malicious software or malware (viruses or spyware) that may be on your computer.
Some viruses may lock specific folders from being accessed by other software. To detect and remove any malware (malicious software like viruses and spyware) from your computer, run our online scanner HouseCall. For instructions, check this solution:
- Open the main console and check if the issue persists. If it does, you may want to upgrade to the latest Trend Micro Security program. For instructions on how to upgrade, choose your program below:
Last Updated: Feb. 24, 2015 3:18 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1056340