Installing Trend Micro Security purchased from Best Buy for Windows and for Mac
This article shows how to install and/or upgrade your Trend Micro Internet Security for Windows, and Trend Micro Internet Security for Mac, purchased from Best Buy, to the latest version.
To be eligible for the free upgrade, your subscription should not be expired.
- Download the installer file to begin the installation.
- Double-click TTi_11.0_MR_Full.exe to run it.
Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
Wait for the installation to extract the files needed for installing Internet Security.
- Type your serial number, then click Next.
- Read the terms of the License Agreement, then click Agree and Install.
Wait as the program installs, this may take a couple of minutes.
- Type your email address, then click Next.
- Fill out the Account Information window, then click Next.
- Check the information that you provided, then click Next.
- Click Finish and you will see the main console of your Internet Security.
- Download the disk image (.DMG) or installer file, then save it to your desktop.
- Open the Antivirus for Mac installer.
- Click Install Trend Micro Antivirus.
- Click Open on the security warning to continue the installation.
- Click Continue.
- Click Continue on the Welcome screen.
- Read the License Agreement, then click Continue.
- Click Agree when prompted to accept the License Agreement.
Note: You can click Disagree if you do not agree with the terms of the License Agreement but this will automatically terminate the installation process.
- Type your serial number on the field provided, then click Continue.
Note: You can find the serial number from the CD sleeve or Order Confirmation email. If you want to install the trial version, select Start a free trial of Trend Micro Antivirus, then click Continue.
- Click Install .
- Type your administrator password, then click Install Software.
Note: The administrator password is created when you first set up your Mac operating system. Wait while the Trend Micro components are installed onto your Mac.
- Provide your email address, then click Continue.
- Click Close after the installation is done.
Last Updated: Nov. 27, 2016 11:15 PM (PST)
Solution ID: 1055415