“Invalid Serial Number” error message appears when activating Trend Micro Security program
You receive the following error message when trying to register or activate your Trend Micro Security:
"Invalid Serial Number
You must enter a valid serial number to receive protection."
"You have not provided a valid serial number. Please try again."
"You have entered an invalid serial number.
Without a valid serial number, Trend Micro Security cannot protect you. Please try again."
This issue can happen in any of the following scenario:
- You entered the incorrect serial number.
- You downloaded a version of the Trend Micro program that is incompatible with your serial number.
- The downloaded installer of the Trend Micro program is incomplete.
- Double-check the serial number of your program.
If you purchased your Trend Micro program online, you can find the serial number on the order confirmation email.
If you purchased the program from a retail store, look for the serial number in the sticker on the product box.
- Re-type your serial number.
- Click Next
For Windows XP Users
For your existing Trend Micro program
For programs purchased from Best Buy (US)
For programs purchased from QVC
For programs availed from your Internet Service Provider
Last Updated: May. 01, 2017 5:17 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1054753