Home & Home Office Support
Trend Micro Toolbar extension is disabled in Internet Explorer
- Download the Update Tool and save it onto your desktop.
To do this, click on your operating system:Note: Check first if you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version of your Windows operating system.If you are not sure how to download the tool, see below for instructions:
- Click on the link for your operating system above.
- Click Save on the File Download window.
- Select Desktop from the left pane as the location, then click Save.
- Run the Update Tool by doing any of the following:
- For Windows XP: Go to your desktop and double-click Update_Tool.exe.
- For Windows Vista or 7 (32 bit) : Go to your desktop, right-click Update_Tool.exe, and select Run as Administrator.
- For Windows Vista or 7 (64 bit) : Go to your desktop, right-click Update_Tool64.exe, and select Run as Administrator.
- Click OK to continue.
- The tool will download over 50 megabytes (MB) in updates. This normally takes 10 to 15 minutes, but it may take longer, depending on the speed of your Internet connection.
- If you receive the notification "Your computer might be at risk" in your system tray, ignore this while the Update Tool installs the latest updates.
- Click OK when prompted to restart the computer so the changes can take effect.
On April 8th, 2014, Microsoft formally announced the Windows XP end of support. Because Microsoft no longer fixes issues on Windows XP, it has become increasingly difficult for Trend Micro to keep users safe on this operating system. While our internet security products can be installed on Windows XP, we encourage all of our users to upgrade their PCs to a more modern operating system which will provide greater stability and security. You can refer to this article for more information.
Last Updated: Feb. 04, 2016 11:16 PM (PST)
Solution ID: 1054013