Checking if you are running the latest version of Trend Micro Security software
Learn if you are running the latest version of your Trend Micro program, otherwise perform an upgrade.
- Open your Trend Micro program by double-clicking the shortcut in your desktop or system tray.
- Compare the main console with this image:
Current Version: Version 11.0
- Download the installer file to begin the installation.
For serial number starting with XFor serial number starting with PFor serial number starting with A
Note: If your serial number starts with "T", contact Best Buy or your Internet Service Provider, depending on where you got the product.
- Double-click the installer to run it.
Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
- Wait for the installer to extract the files needed for the installation.
- Click Yes when asked to remove the old program version.
- Click Restart Now when prompted to restart your computer.
After restarting, the installation will resume and will prompt for your serial number.
- Type your serial number, then click Next.
- If you forgot your Trend Micro Serial Number, check this Knowledge Base article: Finding your Trend Micro Security's serial number.
- If you get the error message "Invalid Serial Number", check this Knowledge Base article: “Invalid Serial Number” error message appears when registering Trend Micro program.
- Read the License Agreement, then click Agree and Install.
- Wait for the program to install. This may take a couple of minutes.
- Click Finish.
You will see the main console of your Trend Micro Security program.
Last Updated: Dec. 07, 2016 1:02 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1053723