Removing components of a previously installed antivirus program (Norton)
Learn how to permanently remove previously installed Norton programs so you can install your Trend Micro Security.
You are trying to install your Trend Micro Security but you encounter the following scenaarios:
- Trend Micro installer keeps detecting a Norton antivirus program that was previously installed on your computer.
- Uninstalled Norton using the Add/Remove Programs function in the Control Panel, but certain components cannot be removed.
- Click the button below to download the Norton Remove and Reinstall (NRnR) tool:
- Double-click NRnR.exe to run the uninstaller.
- Read and accept the End User Licence Agreement, then click Agree.
- Click Advanced Options.
- Click Remove Only.
- Click Remove.
- Click Restart to completely remove Norton products.
This will restart your computer.
- After your computer has restarted, click Close on the Norton Remove and Reinstall window.
Download the removal tool to uninstall your Norton product
Last Updated: Apr. 11, 2017 5:52 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1039128