Removing components of a previously installed antivirus program (Norton)
- Solution ID: 1039128
- Last Updated: Oct. 12, 2017 7:01 AM (PST)
- Applies to: Antivirus+ Security - 2015, 2016;2017;2018;Internet Security - 2015, Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2015, Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2015, Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;
- Remove Norton components | Trend Micro Security
You are trying to install your Trend Micro Security but you encounter the following scenarios:
- Trend Micro installer keeps detecting a Norton antivirus program that was previously installed on your computer.
- Uninstalled Norton using the Add/Remove Programs function in the Control Panel, but certain components cannot be removed.
BEFORE YOU PROCEED:
We recommend that you print out this document or bookmark this page before proceeding because you will be asked to restart your computer during the procedure.
To install this tool, you must log onto your computer using an account with administrator privileges. If you have installed software on your computer before, you probably have these privileges.
To permanently remove previously installed Norton programs, do the following:
Click the button below to download the Norton Remove and Reinstall (NRnR) tool:
- Double-click NRnR.exe to run the uninstaller.
- Read and accept the End User Licence Agreement, then click Agree.
- Click Advanced Options.
- Click Remove Only.
- Click Remove.
- Click Restart to completely remove Norton products. This will restart your computer.
- After your computer has restarted, click Close on the Norton Remove and Reinstall window.
For more information about the uninstallation of Norton Products, refer to their Knowledge Base article: Download the removal tool to uninstall your Norton product.