Using the Trend Micro System Cleaner (SysClean)
- Solution ID:1037133
- Last Updated:May. 09, 2018 10:59 PM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2015;2016, 2017;2018;Internet Security - 2015;Internet Security - 2016, Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2015;Maximum Security - 2016, Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2015;Premium Security - 2016, Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;
- Using the Trend Micro System Cleaner | Trend Micro Security
Find out how to download and run the Trend Micro System Cleaner to check for virus or malware on your computer.
BEFORE YOU PROCEED:
We recommend that you print out this document or bookmark this page before proceeding because you will be asked to restart your computer during the procedure.
To use the Trend Micro System Cleaner, do the following:
- Create a new folder, named "System Cleaner
To create a new folder and name it "System Cleaner", do the following:
- Close all your open programs, apps and windows.
- Right-click your desktop.
- Select New, then select Folder.
- Type "System Cleaner" for the folder's name.
- Download Trend Micro System Cleaner
To download "System Cleaner", do the following:
Right-click the download button below, then choose Save link as...
- Select the System Cleaner folder as your location, then click Save.
- Wait for the download to finish.
- Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
For the complete instructions, refer to this Knowledge Base article: Restarting Windows in Safe Mode
- Install and Run Trend Micro System Cleaner
To install and run the Trend Micro System Cleaner, do the following:
- Double-click the System Cleaner folder on your desktop.
- Double-click Sysclean.exe. A Command Prompt window will appear.
Wait while the program downloads the files it needs.
- Click Scan when the Trend Micro System Cleaner window appears.
Wait for the scan to finish, then close the Command Prompt window.
- Click View log to see the scan results.
- Verify that all infected files were cleaned or removed.