How do I register my product?
Click the Register Your Product button. Then the Enter Registration Key window will appear.
Enter the product key. The Activation Code (AC) will be sent via email.
- Log in to the Online Registration System for your location/language:
What if I encounter errors accessing the registration site?
Delete your browser's temporary internet files.
For Internet Explorer:
- Close all browser windows.
- Open a new Internet Explorer window.
- Click Tools > Internet Options > General tab.
- Go to the Browsing History section and click Delete.
For Google Chrome:
- Open a Chrome window.
- Click the Tools icon in the upper-right corner, then select Options.
- Go to the Under the Hood tab and click the Clear browsing data button.
- Tick the Empty the cache checkbox.
- Select the time range from the Obliterate the following items from dropdown.
- Click the Clear browsing data button.
What & where is the Registration Key (RK)?
The Registration Key (RK) is used to register and to get an activation code or serial number. The activation code will be used to activate your product, NOT the RK.
The RK will be sent to you via e-mail when you purchase your Trend Micro product. You will be prompted for the RK during product installation.
The RK consists of two letters, followed by four groups of four digits or 22 digits in all, including hyphens. It is not case-sensitive.
What & where is the Activation Code (AC)?
An Activation Code (AC) is used to activate your Trend Micro product. Without the AC, these products will still be installed, but their update and scanning features will be disabled.
It consists of two letters followed by four numbers, and then by five groups of five numbers, or 37 digits in all, including hyphens.
The AC is typically received once you register your product.
Can I change my login ID after registration?
No. Your login ID is set during registration and cannot be subsequently changed.
What should I do if I forgot my password or login ID?
- Click the Forgot your ID/Password link.
- Enter your login ID and the email address associated with the account during initial registration.
A new password will be sent to the email address.
What should I do if my Activation Code is lost, stolen or forgotten?
LOST OR STOLEN ACTIVATION CODE (AC)
Contact Trend Micro
immediately to report a lost or stolen AC. Trend Micro will invalidate the code and provide a replacement to the rightful licensee.
FORGOTTEN ACTIVATION CODE
If you have forgotten your AC, but have already registered with Trend Micro and set up an account, do the following to locate your AC:
- Log into the Online Registration System.
- Retrieve your Activation Code from your account information.
Do Activation Codes expire?
Activation Codes are permanent for as long as customers have renewed their license and maintenance.
Activation Codes are associated with the customer’s license and maintenance period. The maintenance period is typically one year, but various time limits are possible.
Will I be notified before my maintenance expires?
Yes. Email notifications will be sent to registered customers at least 60 days prior to the maintenance expiration date.
Renewing maintenance ensures continued access to Trend Micro Technical Support, as well as the latest product and security updates.
What is a trial version Registration Key?
It is used for activating the trial versions of all Product Registration (PR)-enabled products. Upon registration of this key, a trial version Activation Code (AC) will be generated. PR-enabled products need an AC so that the update and scanning features will not be disabled.
This is different from Trend Micro legacy products, which automatically enable the 30-day trial period when no serial number (SN) is specified during installation.
How can I extend the evaluation period?