- Log in to the Online Registration System for your location/language:
- Click the Register Your Product button. Then the Enter Registration Key window will appear.
- Enter the product key. The Activation Code (AC) will be sent via email.
Delete your browser's temporary internet files.
For Internet Explorer:
- Close all browser windows.
- Open a new Internet Explorer window.
- Click Tools > Internet Options > General tab.
- Go to the Browsing History section and click Delete.
For Google Chrome
- Open a Chrome window.
- Click the Tools icon in the upper-right corner, then select Options.
- Go to the Under the Hood tab and click the Clear browsing data button.
- Tick the Empty the cache checkbox.
- Select the time range from the Obliterate the following items from dropdown.
- Click the Clear browsing data button.
The Registration Key (RK) is used to register and to get an activation code or serial number. The activation code will be used to activate your product, NOT the RK.
The RK will be sent to you via e-mail when you purchase your Trend Micro product. You will be prompted for the RK during product installation.
The RK consists of two letters, followed by four groups of four digits or 22 digits in all, including hyphens. It is not case-sensitive.
An Activation Code (AC) is used to activate your Trend Micro product. Without the AC, these products will still be installed, but their update and scanning features will be disabled.
It consists of two letters followed by four numbers, and then by five groups of five numbers, or 37 digits in all, including hyphens.
The AC is typically received once you register your product.
No. Your login ID is set during registration and cannot be subsequently changed.
Replace lost or forgotten passwords at the Online Registration System by doing the following:
- Click the Forgot your ID/Password link.
- Enter your login ID and the email address associated with the account during initial registration.
A new password will be sent to the email address.
Contact Trend Micro Customer Service for assistance.
Lost or Stolen Activation Code (AC)
Contact Trend Micro immediately to report a lost or stolen AC. Trend Micro will invalidate the code and provide a replacement to the rightful licensee.
If you have forgotten your AC, but have already registered with Trend Micro and set up an account, do the following to locate your AC:
- Log into the Online Registration System.
- Retrieve your Activation Code from your account information.
Otherwise, contact Trend Micro Customer Service.
Activation Codes are permanent for as long as customers have renewed their license and maintenance.
Activation Codes are associated with the customer’s license and maintenance period. The maintenance period is typically one year, but various time limits are possible.
Yes. Email notifications will be sent to registered customers at least 60 days prior to the maintenance expiration date. Renewing maintenance ensures continued access to Trend Micro Technical Support, as well as the latest product and security updates.
It is used for activating the trial versions of all Product Registration (PR)-enabled products. Upon registration of this key, a trial version Activation Code (AC) will be generated. PR-enabled products need an AC so that the update and scanning features will not be disabled.
This is different from Trend Micro legacy products, which automatically enable the 30-day trial period when no serial number (SN) is specified during installation.
- Checking which activation code is associated with a Hosted Email Security (HES) managed domain
- Registration process for Hosted Email Security (HES) - Inbound Filtering purchased via online store / e-commerce - For users with existing Online Registration (OLR) accounts
- Registration process for Hosted Email Security (HES) purchased via online store / e-commerce - For users with existing Online Registration (OLR) accounts
- Registration process for Hosted Email Security (HES) - Inbound Filtering - For users without Online Registration (OLR) accounts
- Registration process for Hosted Email Security - For users without Online Registration (OLR) accounts
- Finding the Activation Code (AC) through the Worry-Free Business Security Services (WFBS-SVC) console
- Different license status in Worry-Free Business Security Services (WFBS-SVC)
- What happens when your Worry-Free Business Security Services (WFBS-SVC) for DELL license expires?
- Trial user registration process for Worry-Free Business Security Services (WFBS-SVC)
- Migrating trial users to Worry-Free Business Security Services (WFBS-SVC) full license
- Checking the activation code, product version, build, pattern file and the scan engine versions of Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS)
- Retrieving a lost Activation Code (AC) in Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Activation Codes (AC), Licenses and Upgrading to Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS) 7.0
Online renewals are available for customers in US and Canada for up to 100 users and 6 months post product expiration (stated in your maintenance agreement contract). Click a product below to Renew Online Now.
Business Products Available for Online Renewal
- Worry-Free Business Security Advanced
- Worry-Free Business Security Standard
- Worry-Free Business Security Services
- Anti-Spyware for Small and Medium Business
- NeatSuite for Small and Medium Business
- InterScan VirusWall
- Hosted Email Security
- Hosted Email Security Inbound Filtering
- OfficeScan Client Edition
- ScanMail for Exchange
- ServerProtect for Windows
- Spam Prevention Solution for Linux - RedHat
- Spam Prevention Solution for Solaris
- Spam Prevention Solution for Windows
If your product is NOT listed above and/or you would like to renew 100+ licenses, please call your Trend Micro account manager, find a reseller, OR contact us by:
- Phone: 1-888-762-8736
Available: Monday-Friday, 9:00AM - 8:30PM (PST)
- Have Sales Contact Me
- Live Chat by LivePerson
Available Monday-Friday, 5:30AM - 4:30PM (PST)
Below are the popular product renewal Knowledge Base articles for specific products:
- Renewing the Product License for Control Manager 5.0/5.5
- Renewing the Product License for InterScan Messaging Security Suite 7.0/7.1 via the management console
- Renewing the Activation Code/License for InterScan Web Security Suite 3.1
- Renewing and updating the OfficeScan 10/10.5/10.6 Product License
- Renewing and updating the ScanMail for Exchange 10 license