How to use Fraud Buster on your Windows PC
Learn how to use the Fraud Buster Feature of Trend Micro Security.
Fraud Buster detects fraudulent messages using AI technology, sent to Gmail and Outlook.com.
Enabling this feature allows Trend Micro to scan your email content to protect you against scam, phishing, and suspicious emails.
Turn ON Fraud Buster
Trend Micro Toolbar should be enabled so you can use the Fraud Buster feature.
To enable the Trend Micro Toolbar, refer to this Knowledge Base article:
How to enable Trend Micro Toolbar on your Windows PC
- Login to Gmail or Outlook.
- Click the Trend Micro Toolbar, and then click on Fraud Buster.
- Click Turn on Fraud Buster.
- After reading the license agreement, click Agree and Turn on.
- There will be a checkmark on the Fraud Buster section in the Trend Micro Toolbar to confirm that it is already enabled.
To stop Fraud Buster from scanning your emails in Gmail and Outlook.com, click Fraud Buster again in the Trend Micro toolbar.
Fraud Buster Features
When you open an email in your Gmail or your Outlook.com accounts, Fraud Buster automatically scans its contents. If you receive a dangerous, phishing, or scam mail, Fraud Buster will show a warning message on the browser.
Here are the pop-up messages that you might see:
Malicious Link Detected
Scam Email Detected
View Fraud Buster’s Detection Summary
- Click View Details.
- Depending on the result, Fraud Buster will also provide recommendation to ensure you are protected online.
Report Falsely Detected Emails
If Fraud Buster detects a non-malicious email, you can report it to us to improve its AI technology.
Click Report scan result. It will automatically be sent to Trend Micro for analysis.