Did this article help you?
Thank you for your feedback!
Download and use HouseCall to scan your machine for threats.
To run an online scan using HouseCall, follow the steps below:
- Download HouseCall from the following link and save it on your desktop: House Call – Free Online Virus Scan.
- Click Run. The HouseCall window will appear. Wait for HouseCall to download the necessary components to run on your computer.
The download time depends on the speed of your Internet connection.
- Read the license agreement.
- Select I accept the terms of the license agreement, then click Next.
- Click Settings.
- Click the Scan Type tab.
- Tick the type of scan you want to run, then click OK.
Below are the different scan types:
- Quick Scan - The program runs a quick check on areas where malicious software (malware) is most likely to be found.
- Full System Scan - The program thoroughly checks all files and folders in your computer for viruses and spyware.
This scan type may take a while depending on the size and quantity of the files and folders in your computer.
- Custom Scan - The program allows you to select which files and folders you want to scan.
- Click Scan Now.
Wait for the scan to finish. A summary of threats found on your computer and the actions taken against detected malware is displayed.
- Click Close.
HouseCall Server Edition - 6.1, HouseCall Server Edition - 6.5, HouseCall Server Edition - 6.6;OfficeScan - 10.6;Worry-Free Business Security Services - 3.7, Worry-Free Business Security Services - 5.7, Worry-Free Business Security Services - 5.8;Worry-Free Business Security Services for Dell - 3.7, Worry-Free Business Security Services for Dell - 5.6;Worry-Free Business Security Standard/Advanced - 8.0, Worry-Free Business Security Standard/Advanced - 9.0;